Crock Pot French Onion Soup

Last night, my husband and I went to Panera Bread for dinner. He usually gets New England Clam Chowder but he decided to try something new - French Onion Soup. He loved it!! So he asked me to track down a recipe.

I found the recipe online at www.bettycrocker.com. While I have not made it yet, I thought I'd share it as today's recipe.

Slow Cooker French Onion Soup
From www.bettycrocker.com

Prep time: 50 minutes
Total time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Cook time: low heat setting 7 to 9 hours (or high heat setting 3 to 4 hours)
Serving size: 8
Cost: $8 - $10

Ingredients:
Soup:                        
3  large onions, sliced (3 cups)
3  tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
3  tablespoons all-purpose flour
1  tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1  teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) ready-to-serve beef broth
Cheesy Broiled French Bread
8 slices French bread, 1 inch thick
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (3 ounces)
2 tablespoons grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
Directions
*    1 Mix onions and margarine in 3 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker.
*    2 Cover and cook on high heat setting 30 to 35 minutes or until onions begin to slightly brown around edges.
*    3 Mix flour, Worcestershire sauce, sugar and pepper. Stir flour mixture and broth into onions. Cover and cook on low heat setting 7 to 9 hours (or high heat setting 3 to 4 hours) or until onions are very tender.
*   4 Prepare Cheesy Broiled French Bread. Place 1 slice bread on top of each bowl of soup. Serve immediately.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Spiritual and Familial Intertwined

The Journey Back

Blog Blitz By Mad Mad Me